Business tourism is the type of tourism that even quarantine could not defeat, since business trips are inevitable. Perhaps some companies have reduced the number of business trips, but to completely cancel them means to suspend certain business processes. Accordingly, the demand for business hotels that can provide all the necessary infrastructure for important negotiations remains active.
The concept of business hotels is one of the main ones on the market of hotel services, this can be explained by the current demand for accommodation. So, business trips make up more than 50% of all in the world. Trips for recreation or treatment – about 40%, and 10% of the total demand for other purposes.
Business hotels are located in all major cities of the countries. Especially many of them are located in major economic centers: New York, Singapore, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, Shanghai, etc.
Features of a business hotel
Business hotels are facilities located in the central or business districts of cities. Business people who are the target audience of such hotels value their time, so when choosing a hotel, they are guided by its location. Business class hotels offer professional business services, from shuttle services to conference rooms. Business hotels also provide services such as mail delivery, organization of business events on request, translation, lawyer, etc., booking tickets for any type of transport, as well as currency exchange and car rental.
As for the internal components, such facilities should be equipped with modern office equipment, as well as Wi-Fi coverage. The introduction of any technical innovations in the hotel will undoubtedly be a plus and can play a decisive role in choosing this particular hotel.
For the quality guest service business hotels must comply with certain rules:
- The hotel should be located near the administrative, public and other centers of the cities.
- Single rooms should prevail in the room fund.
- It is necessary that each room has a work area.
- There should be apartments for business people come with their family.
- It is necessary to equip the space for business events: conference rooms, meeting rooms, etc.
- Financial support services should be located near the hotel: bank branches, currency exchange offices, etc.
- The hotel should have a restaurant and a bar, as well as a room service.
- The hotel should be equipped with a parking lot.
In addition to the rules above, the hotel, depending on the star rating, must adhere to the certification requirements. We wrote about them earlier.
Business hotels and Сorona crisis
НThe quarantine affected the hotel industry in general. Thus, the occupancy of many hotels in Ukraine has fallen, especially in non-tourist cities. The number of foreign visitors decreased significantly, but domestic tourism took place, especially in the summer. The main tourist destination was Odessa.
However, hoteliers understand that in the context of a pandemic, their facilities need changes – the format that will attract guests even in quarantine. This also applies to business hotels, because now, when many prefer online meetings, the demand for conference rooms and accommodation in such hotels has decreased. So, some business hotels are thinking about creating something in common between a hotel room and an office. In a space like that you can comfortably live, work and sleep. And some even revised their target audience and began to give some of their rooms for long-term rent. This is in demand among IT professionals and those who work remotely.
The Ukrainian experience in the business hotels
Under the management of the company Ribas Hotels Group are few business hotels in Odessa:
- Wall Street. The design of the hotel is made in "Art Deco" style - a harmonious combination of restraint and sophistication, Art Nouveau and neoclassicism. The rooms and lobby are decorated in soothing colors that do not distract from work and relaxation.
- Bossfor. This is a refined and modern business class hotel and restaurant complex. It is suitable for both family holidays and business trips. The hotel's interior is designed in a modern style. Only natural materials were used in the decoration – stone, marble and wood. There is a conference service, a perfect place for business meetings and negotiations.
- Isadge. This is a city hotel project. Isadge is not a classic hotel, but a new bright product, where you can relax in a quiet room and have a fun time in the hotel bar. The format is aimed at a generation of travelers who are called "Bleisure": business + leisure. They come on a business trip or for a business meeting, but at the same time they want to get the most out of the trip, get to know the city and have a good time.
We know everything about designing, implementing and managing a business hotel. Ribas Hotels Group provides management, marketing, consulting and other services in the hotel industry. For a professional approach, please contact Ribas Hotels Group!
Subscribe to our blog to stay up to date with the main trends of the Ukrainian hospitality market!