Furniture in the hotel is an important attribute of style and functionality. It should be chosen based on some important points. One of them is zoning.
The hotel usually has the following zones:
- residential - rooms
- coworking - this includes meeting rooms
- food zone - restaurant
- leisure zone
- staff area
The requirements are also different for furniture located in different locations.
However, the main criteria remain:
- environmental friendliness
- cohesion with the interior
The furnishing of a standard hotel room consists of:
- bedside tables
- coffee table
- writing desk
Depending on the star rating of the hotel and the status of the room, it may also contain:
- bedside bench
- bar counter
- bar chairs
- consoles, etc.
To furnish areas that are reserved for staff more modest models of chairs, sofas, tables, cabinets are being purchased. They should be easy to clean and functional.
Let's dwell on furniture for living and working areas.
The specialists of our company have created a checklist for the selection of modern and functional furniture for the hotel.
CHECK LIST FOR SELECTING FURNITURE FOR THE HOTEL
- The DURABILITY of furniture can and should be checked by ourselves. Since often the manufacturer's characteristics contain very optimistic forecasts for the product life. Try to personally test the mattress, bed or chairs "react" to jumping and other activity. There are no special statistics, but through simple calculations, hotel contractors claim that 50 times a day more people sit on an ordinary chair in a hotel than in their own home. Consequently, those chairs' strength should be much firmer than the furniture that is purchased for the home. This is especially important to check if you are purchasing furniture for the property with a large number of rooms.
- HYPOALLERGENIC PROPERTIES
Materials used to make or paint furniture: fillers, upholstery, frames - are often the cause of allergic reactions of guests. Therefore, it is preferable to use chenille, tapestry, or cotton in the upholstery materials. Carefully study the compositions of paints, solutions and other materials that were used in the manufacture of furniture for your hotel. Be sure to ask the manufacturer or their representative for a certificate of environmental safety of the materials used to make certain furniture items.
- VANDAL-PROOF furniture for hotels does exist. This is not a utopia. This is furniture that is covered with a special anti-vandal fabric. It protects against the main range of household damages: wipes in the most exploited places: soft bed backs, seat covers, sofa sides, etc. When buying furniture for property, ask if the upholstery fabric is vandal-proof. This means that it has a moisture-repellent property and is tolerant for scratches and scuffs.
Fasteners, legs, armrests, backs, and footboards of furniture should be thickened and designed for guests of different weight categories. This should also be taken into account when choosing furniture for a hospitality facility.
- Hotel furniture HARDWARE should be stronger than the nerves of a good crisis manager. We can no longer remember who uttered this expression, but we fully agree with it. Hotel room furniture is still a testing ground for exploitation. Therefore, we strongly recommend that specialists who select furniture or accessories for it very carefully check their strength. Yes, do not be ashamed to pull the handles or move the drawers of the dresser or wardrobe more often. If somewhere on the thirty-fifth opening of the cabinet door creaks or the cabinet handle is a little loose, you can be sure - when installing these furniture units in the rooms, you will have to send a repairman there after every second or third guest.
- SUITABLE FOR REPAIR
Hotel room furniture should be easy to repair. Therefore, when choosing a hotel bed, table, chairs, etc., make sure that repairs can be made quickly and easily. For example, if chairs or countertops are made of valuable wood or have an intricate design, their repair or restoration will require much more time than laconic, minimalist furniture. We also strongly recommend ordering additional pieces of upholstery fabric and parts from contractors, which, according to statistics, break most often.
This is what will make the interior of the room stand out among others. Furniture of irregular shape is now in fashion. But this is not its main advantage. The fact is that chairs from different zones of different heights, the unusual shape of the table or chair, the contrasting color of the shelves-help to use the space of the room more effectively. Therefore, we recommend paying attention to modern models. Sometimes an elongated sofa will look better in a two-room suite with a small area than two massive armchairs.
It is not enough to be a standard sofa to meet the expectations of guests. The modern interior of the rooms dictates new trends. For example, a sofa that helps to zone the sleeping area and the rest area in the room. Or a chair that turns into a Cabinet or table by simple manipulations.
- CUSTOM & TYPICAL
What kind of hotel furniture should I choose? Order custom for the interior of the rooms or buy a typical one. Our experts believe that something in between is suitable here.
For example, the bed is the main furniture accent of the room. In order to perfectly fit it into the room space, you can make it to order.